With the recent reports of exploding lithium batteries, I thought it was a good opportunity to stress what you should do if you ever have a lithium battery catch fire.
Not only is there a risk of getting badly burned, but much more dangerous are the fumes that be released. One of the components is hydrofluoric acid, which can cause irreversible lung damage. There's a very sobering story at the candlepower forums about a flashlight enthusiast (yes, it's a thing) who had a battery blow up and he didn't get out to fresh air quickly enough. He's now on permanent disability and makes frequent visits to the ER for breathing difficulties.
The odds of this happening are low, but as we know from the Samsung debacle, not zero. Apple is not immune either, as two recent examples have shown.